- ABOUT US
- HEAR BETTER
- LIP READING
- CONTACT US
- Communication Strategies
- Use what you know
- Asking for repetition
- Can't hear when people mumble? Get help from the chameleon effect!
- Teach Others How to Help
- Are You Bluffing?
- Get Beyond Small Talk
- Hear Better in Restaurants
- Communication: a two way street
- How to ask for help so that others will "hear" you
- How Should You Remind People About Your Hearing Loss?
- Educating others about hearing loss
- Pretending to Listen
- Hearing Aids
- Hearing Test
- For Significant Others
- For Hearing Care Professionals
- LACE Coaching for Hearing Care Professionals
- Hearing Strategies coaching for hearing care professionals
- Hearing in Noise is the Holy Grail
- Hearing loss and 'all or nothing' thinking
- Case history question: which ear on the phone?
- Client confidence from LACE training
- Happier relationships: role of the hearing care professional
- Customer service
- Newsletter archive
- Adjusting to hearing loss
- Are Restaurants Way Too Loud?
- Dear 16 Year Old Me
- Dementia and hearing loss
- Disclosing Hearing Loss
- Memory and Hearing loss: what to do
- My hearing aids don't work well anymore
- On listening
- Technology and hearing loss
- The best parts of me
- Turning Point with Hearing Loss
- Upside-Down Thinking
- Ear Candles and Cotton Swabs
- Holiday Season and Hearing Loss
- Focus on Starting
Sign up for the HEARa Newsletter
Lipreading classes in Calgary. Classes are held at Deaf and Hear Alberta. Call 403-284-6200 to register.
Beginner's level: No experience is necessary. Cost is $49.00. Classes run from 9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
April 8, 2017: Module 1 (P,B,M sounds)
April 22, 2017: Module 2 (F,V sounds)
May 6, 2017: Module 3 (Vowels, Numbers)
May 27, 2017: Module 4 (Wh sound)