Suggested authors, books, and websites:
Auricle Ink Publishers (Richard Carmen, Marshall Chasin, Richard Tyler)
Hear Better in 60 Days: Keys to Success with Hearing Aids (this one is mine)
Have you noticed that it is getting harder to hear when you go out for dinner at a restaurant? As we get older, it gets more difficult to have a conversation in noisy situations.
See the video clip below for an illustrated explanation of the changes in the brain that happen as we get older, and what to do about it. I offer LACE coaching services both for consumers and for hearing care professionals.
- ABOUT US
- HEAR BETTER
- LIP READING
- CONTACT US
- Communication Strategies
- Use what you know
- Asking for repetition
- Can't hear when people mumble? Get help from the chameleon effect!
- Teach Others How to Help
- Are You Bluffing?
- Get Beyond Small Talk
- Hear Better in Restaurants
- Communication: a two way street
- How to ask for help so that others will "hear" you
- How Should You Remind People About Your Hearing Loss?
- Educating others about hearing loss
- Pretending to Listen
- Hearing Aids
- Hearing Test
- For Significant Others
- For Hearing Care Professionals
- LACE Coaching for Hearing Care Professionals
- Hearing Strategies coaching for hearing care professionals
- Hearing in Noise is the Holy Grail
- Hearing loss and 'all or nothing' thinking
- Case history question: which ear on the phone?
- Client confidence from LACE training
- Happier relationships: role of the hearing care professional
- Customer service
- Newsletter archive
- Adjusting to hearing loss
- Are Restaurants Way Too Loud?
- Dear 16 Year Old Me
- Dementia and hearing loss
- Disclosing Hearing Loss
- My hearing aids don't work well anymore
- On listening
- Technology and hearing loss
- The best parts of me
- Turning Point with Hearing Loss
- Upside-Down Thinking
- Ear Candles and Cotton Swabs
- Holiday Season and Hearing Loss
- Focus on Starting
Sign up for the HEARa Newsletter
Hearing Strategies 4-week program: January 29-February 19, 2014. Email Sandra@heara.ca for details