E-Book: Hear Better in 60 Days: Keys to Success with Hearing Aids
If you are about to get new hearing aids, or are considering new hearing aids, my e-book Hear Better in 60 Days: Keys to Success with Hearing Aids is for you.
I am an audiologist with severe to profound hearing loss. I’ve worn hearing aids since I was four years old. I’ve fitted literally thousands of my clients with hearing aids. My e-book will give you practical, important information that you need in order to be successful. Learn from someone who has been there.
Hear Better in 60 Days: Keys to Success with Hearing Aids is a downloadable e-book designed to support you in your journey.
Read this e-book and find out keys to success with hearing aids.
How to Use this e-book
This e-book is dedicated toward people who are at the beginning of their journey with hearing loss.
By the end of this e-book, you’ll have:
- An understanding of the importance of two hearing aids (if two are recommended).
- An overview of HABRAT (Hearing Aid Brain Rewiring Accommodation Time), a term coined by Dr. Mead Killion. Learn how your brain adapts to new sound, and a key factor, auditory training, that helps you to adjust to your new hearing aids.
- Recommendations on how to improve performance with your new hearing aids.
About the Author
I am Dr. Sandra Vandenhoff, founder of HEARa (Hearing Education and Rehabilitation for Adults), and an audiologist with severe to profound hearing loss. HEARa is the combination of my experience and studies in the Doctor of Audiology program, 11 years of clinical experience as an audiologist fitting hearing aids for adults, my subsequent work experience in the hearing aid and cochlear implant industries, and finally the hands on world of my life.
Note: This book is also available in print. Shipping costs will apply. Contact us for print requests.
- ABOUT US
- HEAR BETTER
- LIP READING
- CONTACT US
- Communication Strategies
- Use what you know
- Asking for repetition
- Can't hear when people mumble? Get help from the chameleon effect!
- Teach Others How to Help
- Are You Bluffing?
- Get Beyond Small Talk
- Hear Better in Restaurants
- Communication: a two way street
- How to ask for help so that others will "hear" you
- How Should You Remind People About Your Hearing Loss?
- Educating others about hearing loss
- Pretending to Listen
- Hearing Aids
- Hearing Test
- For Significant Others
- For Hearing Care Professionals
- LACE Coaching for Hearing Care Professionals
- Hearing Strategies coaching for hearing care professionals
- Hearing in Noise is the Holy Grail
- Hearing loss and 'all or nothing' thinking
- Case history question: which ear on the phone?
- Client confidence from LACE training
- Happier relationships: role of the hearing care professional
- Customer service
- Adjusting to hearing loss
- Are Restaurants Way Too Loud?
- Dear 16 Year Old Me
- Disclosing Hearing Loss
- My hearing aids don't work well anymore
- Technology and hearing loss
- The best parts of me
- Turning Point with Hearing Loss
- Upside-Down Thinking
- Ear Candles and Cotton Swabs
- Holiday Season and Hearing Loss
- Focus on Starting
Sign up for the HEARa Newsletter
Hearing Health Care Education Forum and Lunch at the National Arts Centre May 7-8 (Ottawa)
Hearing Strategies for Adults (3 hour class) May 11 (Calgary)
CHHA Conference workshop: LACE Up: How Auditory Training Can Help You to Hear Better in Noise May 24 (Edmonton)